CLP provides training and educational opportunities to Maine Loggers. The program is committed to recognizing the skill and professionalism of those who meet and exceed our standards.
The CLP program is based on the following standards:
- and Pride.
The program takes pride in the fact that loggers’ accident rate is half what it was when the program began. As a result, CLP loggers pay up to 59% less for Worker’s Compensation than non-certified mechanical loggers.
- 2023 Year in ReviewAt Maine TREE Foundation, forest-based education and workforce development were key themes in 2023. With a dedicated and creative staff, we accomplished a great deal…
- 33rd Annual CLP Banquet“The program was inspiring,” said an attendee as they departed the Annual Certified Logging Professional Banquet. Maine’s Logging Community members gathered on the first Friday of December for the 33rd Annual CLP Banquet at Jeff’s Catering in Brewer. The evening, centered around the community enjoying a fantastic as-always meal together, celebrated the accomplishments of this year’s class of 64 new CLPs, the 2023 CLP Loggers of the Year, and three guest speakers who provided innovative solutions to challenges we are all facing in the logging community.
- The Maine Department of Agriculture Launches Adaptive Best Management Practices Cooperative (ABC)The Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry’s Maine Forest Service has launched a new statewide education program, the Adaptive BMP Cooperative (ABC), designed for all those involved in Maine’s forest products industry. ABC will make it easier for forestry and logging professionals to find recognized, quality BMP training programs and identify professionals who have participated in those training programs.
- Maine TREE Forest Awards NightExecutive Director, Logan Johnson, welcomes attendees to Maine TREE’s inaugural Forest Awards Night. Maine TREE Foundation hosted its first annual Forest Awards Night on Thursday,…
- Remembering Steve Laweryson (1951-2023)Steve Laweryson working with CLP professionals Steve Laweryson from Solon Maine, passed on March 11th, 2023, at Togus Veterans Hospital after a short illness. After…